Actor Jennifer Lawrence interviews the President of Campaign Legal Center and former FEC Chairman (and Stephen Colbert’s super PAC lawyer) Trevor Potter about the best ways to bribe politicians…legally.
- Buddy Roemer, Former Louisiana Governor (R)
- Lawrence Lessig, Harvard Law Professor
- Tara Houska, National Campaigns Director, Honor the Earth
- Karen Hobert Flynn, President, Common Cause
- Renaldo Pearson, Organizer and Board Member, Democracy Spring
- Ron Suskind, Author and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
Saturday Morning Plenary & Reform Across the Aisle
The movement for reform across the aisle is growing – and it’s essential to our future. Speakers include:
- Shahid Buttar, Director of Grassroots Advocacy, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Joshua Graham Lynn, Represent.Us Co-Founder
- Letitia James, New York City Public Advocate
- Steve Hilton, Fox News host
- Kathay Feng, Executive Director, California Common Cause
- Anita Earls, former Executive Director, Southern Coalition for Social Justice
- Harvard Business School Professor Michael Porter & Katherine Gehl
Followed by a panel discussion featuring:
- Mike Gallagher, U.S. Representative (R-WI)
- Tulsi Gabbard, U.S. Representative (D-HI)
- Zach Wamp, Co-Chair, Issue One ReFormers Caucus;
Former U.S. Representative (R-TN)
- Nina Turner, President, Our Revolution and former Ohio State Senator (D);
- Moderated by Meredith McGehee, Chief of Policy, Programs and Strategy, Issue One
Unrigged Live! is Unrig the System Summit’s featured event. The evening was hosted by Jennifer Lawrence, with speakers including:
- Josh Silver, Represent.Us Director
- Richard Painter, Professor and former chief White House ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush
- Comedians Tig Notaro, Nikki Glaser, and Adam Yenser
- NASA astronaut Ron Garan
- Former State Senator and Our Revolution President Nina Turner.
With live music from HoneyHoney, and the legendary New Orleans-based Preservation All-Stars.
Producing Sponsor Triptyk Studios, with support from: Creative Artists Agency, and Preservation All-Stars.
Learn what people are doing to unrig the system every day. The summit’s final plenary session included short speeches from grassroots anti-corruption leaders:
- John Pudner, Executive Director, Take Back Our Republic
- Tiffany Muller, President and Executive Director, End Citizens United
- Thomas Saenz, President and General Counsel, Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)
- Nick Penniman, President and CEO, Issue One
With closing remarks from U.S. Representatives Mike Gallagher (R-WI) and Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI).