Episode Two | Forget the Supreme Court: How Leaders Like You Can Break Money’s Grip on Power
Episode Two of Unrig the System Podcast kicks off with a robust conversation about breaking big money’s grip on power amidst a crisis in confidence in the U.S. Supreme Court.
These panelists are an unrivaled group of experts and activists showing how new strategies—from candidate pledges to forego corporate cash or Super PAC support, to the full launch of the breakthrough “democracy vouchers” program—give us plenty of reasons to keep pushing the limits of what’s possible. We also hear first hand from the Chair of the FEC and explore the most important campaign finance legislation in congressional history. This is a panel about opportunity, about hope, and about you as the future of our movement.
- Moderator: Scott Greytak, Senior Counsel, RepresentUs
- Speaker 1: The Honorable Ellen Weintraub, Chair, Federal Election Commission
- Speaker 2: The Honorable Zach Wamp, former member of Congress (R-TN) and Co-Chair, Issue One ReFormers Caucus
- Speaker 3: Dan Tokaji, Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Faculty, Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Speaker 4: Liz Dupee, Director, Washington Democracy Hub