Unrig Summit is about crossing partisan and ideological divides, sharing ideas and best practices, building relationships, advancing winning solutions, and working together to unrig America’s political system.
Event Management encourages lively debate and disagreement in the pursuit of the best ideas to solve our nation’s political crisis. As such, this Code of Conduct is provided to ensure that such debate and disagreement stay within the collaborative, respectful, and solutions-oriented spirit of the Summit.
Event Management reserves the right to remove any Summit participant at any point if they engage in any activity that may violate this Code of Conduct. Event Management has empowered all activity moderators, room moderators, event staff, and Music City Center staff and officials to enforce this Code of Conduct and to report any incidents to the Event Coordinator. Any event participant may report violations to the Event Coordinator.
Event Management encourages the free exchange of ideas and opinions, but insists that such expression be made with respect for the dignity and freedom of others. Event Management will not tolerate viewpoint discrimination against any member of the Summit community.
The following acts are prohibited:
- Violation of any federal, state, or local laws, and/or Music City Center rules.
- Discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or any other status or classification prohibited by federal, state, or local law, as well as sexual and/or gender-based harassment and violence and related personal violence or abuse, including sexual assault, stalking, intimate partner violence, and sexual harassment, regardless of the sex, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity/expression of the reporting party or respondent.
- Harassing, intimidating, cyberbullying, or causing physical harm or reasonable apprehension of physical harm to others, engaging in lewd, obscene, abusive, or disruptive conduct, interfering with Unrig Summit activities, interfering with the freedom of expression of others, or failing to comply with the directions of Music City Center or Event Management officials, including police officers and Event Moderators acting in the performance of their duties.
- Damaging in any manner the property of others or the Music City Center or any equipment contained therein, including driving or permitting to be driven nails, hooks, tacks, or screws into any part of the Music City Center or equipment contained therein, or permitting anything to be done whereby the property of others or the Music City Center or equipment contained therein shall be damaged.
- Using any rooms or areas within the Music City Center not designated for Unrig Summit, making or allowing to be made alterations of any kind to the Music City Center or equipment contained therein, including moving or adjusting house lighting attachments or moveable walls, or disrupting or obstructing the proper operation and management of the Music City Center premises, including obstructing any doors, stairways, or openings into any place in the Music City Center, including hallways, corridors, and passageways.
- Smoking in all indoor areas and within 25 feet of any entrance. A smoking locations map is available upon request at the Music City Center.
- Bringing pets or other animals into the Music City Center, except for medical-aid pets or service animals. Pets or animals that are approved to be in the Music City Center must be on a leash or under similar conditions at all times.
- The possession, storage, or sale of any weapon or ammunition, the use of any item in a manner that poses a potential hazard to the safety or health of others, or the unauthorized use, possession, and/or distribution of any controlled substance, illegal drug, or drug paraphernalia.
- Except as permitted by Event Management, distributing advertisements in the Music City Center’s common areas or on parked cars.
- By registering for or attending the Summit, you agree that you shall be solely responsible for your personal property and/or equipment, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless RepresentUs and the Nashville Music City Center from any claim, damage, liability, injury, expense, or loss arising out of any intentional or negligent acts or omissions, including any third-party claims.
- Unrig Summit is an “open source” event. By attending the Summit, you acknowledge that it may be broadcast or otherwise publicized, and you grant event organizers, as well as contractors, vendors, and organizations they engage with for the purpose of the Summit, all rights and permissions associated with using your image or likeness in any photographs, audio recordings, or video recordings, as well as in any reproductions or adaptations of these materials, for publications, web properties, promotional materials, archival materials, or for any other similar purpose, without compensation. This may include, but is not limited to, the use of these materials in printed or online publicity, social media, press releases, and funding applications.