What is Unrig the System Summit?
Join us for three days (Friday 1pm through Sunday 2pm CT) to convene the brightest minds from the right and left to fix American politics…and have a great time together in New Orleans.
This is not an ordinary conference. We’re skipping the endless panels and speeches in favor of in-depth trainings, energizing roundtables, deeper conversation, and shared learning. It’s fast-paced and fun, with plenty of time to self-organize. We’ll come together as a movement: top advocacy leaders, academics, comedians, musicians, celebrities, activists, philanthropists, and journalists. This is about crossing partisan and ideological divides and working together on concrete solutions to unrig America’s political system.
Have any questions or need anything? Please email us at email@example.com.
All conference panels and workshops will take place at the Lavin Bernick Center (LBC), Tulane’s state-of-the-art student life center. Plenaries and our Saturday night event will take place at McAlister Auditorium, the world’s largest self-suspended concrete dome, located adjacent to the LBC.
Booking and travel information
- Programming begins at 1pm Friday and ends at 2pm Sunday CT. Key programming is planned for Friday and Sunday, so please plan to attend all three days.
- Airport: Book your travel to Louis Armstrong International Airport. Travel from the airport to Tulane University will take 30-45 minutes by car.
- Lodging: There are few traditional hotel options walkable to Tulane — consider the Park View Historic Hotel. We have reserved a limited number of reduced rate rooms until January 11 located in the heart of New Orleans at the Sheraton Hotel, for $190 including wifi. There are also many AirBnB options closer to Tulane. Or consider more affordable hostel Lodging. For additional lodging guidance, please see Tulane University’s Lodging Guide.
- Ground Transport: The Saint Charles Streetcar runs between hotels and Tulane campus. The Freret Street bus line runs from the Tulane conference center to our hotel block on Canal Street. More information: New Orleans Regional Transit Authority
- Food: Between summit sessions, eat at Tulane University’s Student Life Center Lavin-Bernick Center Food Court Guide; or head off-campus to explore some fine New Orleans cuisine. New Orleans Menu Guide
- Mardi Gras: Unrig is the weekend before Mardi Gras — known by some as “Local Mardi Gras” weekend. It’s not going to be in full swing yet, but it will be hectic! Please plan accordingly for longer travel times between lodging and Tulane. And be sure to work time into your schedule to enjoy the food and festivities that New Orleans has to offer!
Basic agenda / what to expect
The Summit runs from Friday, February 2nd, 1pm through Sunday, February 4th, 2pm. Key programming will take place all 3 days, so plan on being in attendance for the entire event. Our full agenda is now available!
Unrig Participant Guidelines
- In the spirit of togetherness, read our participant guidelines ahead of the summit.
- All attendees must abide by the Unrig the System Code of Conduct
Frequently Asked Questions
Our FAQ page addresses more detailed logistical questions.
Unrig The System Summit will not be branded as a RepresentUs event
“By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.” Spoken by John Dickinson in 1768, this was the imperative for our nation’s founders. Our gathering at Tulane University will be an opportunity to set aside differences and focus on areas where we agree: a forum to better understand each other, to listen to each other, to share ideas and build a movement diverse and strong enough to prevail against our powerful opposition. With this goal in mind, we are committed to making the theme of the Unrig The System Summit a shared brand, free for all to use. The Summit will never be branded as a RepresentUs event; it is an entity of, by and for the movement, using the “directed-network campaigns” model that has proven extremely effective elsewhere.