App User Guide
Installing the Event Portal app is the best way to view and manage your own agenda for the Summit. Once you’ve got it all set up, you’ll be able to plan your hour-by-hour agenda, connect with speakers and attendees by state or interests, and more. Times, session locations and descriptions, speaker bios, and more are all available right now in the Unrig Summit app.
To personalize your profile, click on “My Schedule & Profile” on the homepage of the app. Then click Account Settings. Here you can add a contact number, bio, and photo of yourself.
You can also check on or off the following options:
- Visible to Others: This feature allows your profile to show up in the Attendee List and means other attendees can see your profile. This is automatically turned on for all attendees. If you would like to be hidden, un-check this box.
- Allow Messaging: This feature allows you to message other attendees directly and connect with them. It also allows other attendees to message and connect with you. This is automatically turned on for all attendees. Please turn “Allow Messaging” off if you would not like to be contacted by other attendees.
- Show My Email: This feature allows you to email attendees you’d like to connect with if they have turned on the “Show My Email” feature. This also enables attendees to see your email if they click on your profile. This is automatically turned off for all attendees. If you would like your email to be shown, check off this box.
- Show My Contact Number: This feature allows you to access the contact number of attendees you’d like to connect with. It also enables other attendees to see your phone number if they click on your profile. This is automatically turned off for all attendees. If you would like your contact number to be shown, check off this box.
Your Schedule & Speakers
The Event Portal app lets you save sessions and speakers, creating an easy-to-follow “My Profile & Schedule” feature on the homepage of the app.
- To create your own personalized schedule, click “Schedule” on the homepage of the app to view all programming. Once in the schedule, you can use the drop-down feature to view different sessions for each time block. Click on the right-hand side bookmark button to save a session to your schedule.
- If you’d like to see session details, click on the session. Here you can read the session description, see speakers, take notes, leave comments, and show session location on the app.
- To view your own personalized schedule after bookmarking sessions, go back to the main menu, and click on “My Schedule & Profile” on the homepage of the app. Click “My Schedule” at the top to see all of your saved sessions. They will be organized in the order they occur.
- To bookmark speakers, click on the “Speakers” icon on the homepage of the app. There you can search for a speaker, or scroll down to a particular speaker you are interested in. At the top right-hand side, there is a “Bookmark” button. Press this to bookmark a speaker for later.
- To view all bookmarked speakers and sessions, go back to “My Speakers” on the homepage on the app. Here you will find a list of all the speakers you saved, conveniently organized!
The Event Portal App allows you to connect directly with other attendees. To see a list of all attendees, click on the “Attendee List” icon on the homepage of the app. Here you can scroll through all attendees, or search for attendees by name and organization.
- To connect with attendees, click on their name. Here you will be able to see the attendee’s bio and organization. If they have messaging turned on, you will be able to message them by clicking on “Send a Message”.
- To view all your messages, click on the “Messaging” icon on the homepage of the app.
Attendees are encouraged to personalize their information and reach out to other attendees through our Attendee Connect feature.
Please visit our Help Desk or contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.